Your Personal Information
Personal information about visitors to our sites is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How We Collect Personal Information
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists,
- apply for a job with us,
- make an enquiry about our services,
- visit our web site, or
- become a client or debtor of the company.
How we use the information we collect
Use of the information for a secondary purpose
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented,
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way, or
- where we are permitted or required by law, or
- it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You should be aware that we may use your email address to contact you in the future. We will not sell or pass on your details to third parties.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other sites
We provide links to Web sites outside of our web site, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web sites and its privacy statement.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Our website may also utilise other third party analytics software to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Capturing Information for Remarketing & Other Online Advertising
- ABC Orthodontics captures information about it’s website visitors for remarketing & capturing information about similar audiences to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google and others, may show ads for ABC Orthodontics on various sites across the Internet
- Your http://abcorthodontics.com.au website user data may also be used by ABC Orthodontics for advertising campaigns on other platforms such as Facebook & Instagram from time to time. For additional up-to-date detailed information on Facebook’s data policy, see here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.